Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Practice in Northeast New York State
Psychiatry Opportunity – Child & Adolescent
- Employee of Samaritan Medical Center (SMC)
- Outpatient Behavioral Health; team model with psychologists, social workers and nurses
- Salary starting at $260,000, with WRVU incentive package
- Educational Loan Repayment program: $10,000 each year of contract
- Designated location for New York State Regents Loan Forgiveness and NHSC
- 1:7 Call for Adult Service
- Life, health and dental insurance
- Holidays, vacation, CME, and short time sick benefits
- Occurrence medical liability insurance - lowest area of malpractice claims in NY State
- 401-k, plus pension plan contribution by SMC
- Reimbursement of NYS license and DEA registration during period of employment
- $3,000 for hospital approved professional society dues and/or educational expenses
- Relocation moving expenses up to $10,000 with receipts
- H1-B visa sponsorship and financial support for immigration services as applicable
Samaritan Medical Center (Watertown, New York) is a 290-bed not-for-profit community medical center, offering a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services. From primary and emergency care to highly specialized medical and surgical services, such as cancer treatment, neonatal intensive care, behavioral health and addiction services, and imaging services, Samaritan Medical Center and its team of healthcare professionals proudly serves the medical needs of our civilian and military community. Quality, compassion and safety are basic principles by which exceptional care is delivered at Samaritan.
In addition to the inpatient and outpatient services available at the main hospital and numerous community clinics and satellite testing centers, Samaritan is recognized as the leader in serving the community's long-term care needs. Samaritan Keep Home, a 272-bed long-term care facility, has established an exceptional reputation for caring for the senior population in northern New York. Expanding on its commitment to long-term care, SMC recently opened Samaritan Summit Village, a 288-bed long-term care and assisted living facility.
Over 180 physicians in 40 different specialties work together with the 2,000+ employees at Samaritan Medical Center to offer a full spectrum of diagnostic and treatment services for people of all ages. We invite you to explore Samaritan's commitment to serving the healthcare needs of our civilian and military community, as well as our promise to you: to be here whenever and wherever you need us, and to do so with exceptional care and compassion that you and your family deserve.
In Northern New York, there are no trade-offs. You literally can have it all – gorgeous natural surroundings, easy access to metropolitan areas, excellent private and public school systems, high quality medicine for your family, low cost of living, safe community and a comfortable, relaxed lifestyle among some of the most scenic and enjoyable recreational opportunities in America. Small town feeling with big city amenities – including excellent dining locations and multiple stores for shopping right here in Watertown.
We are immediately adjacent to the Adirondack Mountains – one of America’s last great wilderness regions, St. Lawrence River and Seaway – 454 miles long where you can find one of natures true wonders; The Thousand Islands, and Lake Ontario – 712 miles of shoreline. All of our fresh water bodies offer excellent boating, sailing, fishing, and swimming.Watertown, New York is located 70 miles north of Syracuse and 30 miles south of Canada. We are the county seat and largest population center of Jefferson County.
Watertown is a city of 30,000 people. Fort Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Army, is located within 11 miles of the city. Fort Drum impacts the population mass with an additional 30,000 people. Fort Drum relies heavily on Samaritan Medical Center for health care services, since the Fort does not have their own hospital.
For information regarding this opportunity, contact