Academic Dermatology Job in Greenville, NC
***Accepting Candidates from Firms for This Opportunity***
The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Dermatology at East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine, is expanding and accepting BE/BC applicants for a General Dermatology position. Fixed-term or tenure-track positions at the level of assistant professor, associate professor, or professor are available. New graduates and Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
• Academic employment by East Carolina University
• General dermatology and procedures
• Well established division
• Flexible work schedule promotes an opportunity to build your own academic career
• Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center
• Ability to teach medical students, resident and fellows
• Allocated administrative or research time
• Opportunity for administration of dermatology residency training program for qualified applicants
• Opportunity for leadership training
• 29-county service area with large referral network
• State benefits, relocation, and incentive program
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 95,000) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an amphitheatre