Academic Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist Job in Greenville, NC
***Accepting candidates from search firms for this position***
The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University is accepting applications for two BE/BC Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists to serve as full-time Assistant or Associate Professors. New graduates and Visa candidates encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
- Excellent blend of clinical care, teaching, and scholarly activities
- Work with growing, multi-disciplinary, and collegial department
- Provide direct clinical care both face-to-face and via telepsychiatry
- Assist in the teaching and clinical supervision of medical students, residents, and other health professional trainees;
- Newly expanded 22,000 sq. ft. outpatient facility
- Collaborate with other faculty members in conducting clinical research, with the opportunity to initiate projects if desired;
- Function as a University faculty member, performing such duties as appropriate to academic rank and position.
- Salary and academic rank (tenure track or fixed term) commensurate with experience and academic background
East Carolina University is the 3rd largest public university in North Carolina, with approximately 27,400 students and over 5,000 faculty and staff. The teaching hospital affiliated with ECU Brody School of Medicine is Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina and the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. Vidant Medical Center is over a 974-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 95,000) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owed stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an amphitheatre