Cardiothoracic Surgery Job in Greenville, NC (Academic)
***Not Accepting Candidates from Search Firms for This Opportunity***
The Department of Cardiovascular Sciences at East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine is seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgeon with a primary interest in cardiac surgery. Applicants should be proficient with LVADs and have at least 2 years of experience. Inpatient services will be provided at The East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center.
Job Highlights Include:
- Academic employed with fixed term or tenured track appointment option
- Well established and nationally recognized cardiac surgery team
- Access to high volumes and complex cases
- State of the art inpatient and outpatient facilities including a 6-story cardiac hospital attached to a 909-bed level 1 trauma center
- Strong robotic program
- 29 county service area that includes 1.5 million residents
- 8-hospital network
- Ability to teach medical students, residents, and fellows
- Take a virtual tour of The East Carolina Heart Institute www.eastcarolinaheartinstitute.com
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in NC.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owed stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)