Academic Inpatient Pediatric Rehab Medical Director Job in Greenville, NC
***Accepting Candidates from Search Firms for This Opportunity***
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University (ECU) in Greenville, NC seeks a board certified/board eligible Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician or Developmental Pediatrician to provide care on the inpatient CARF-accredited pediatric unit, consult service and outpatient clinics. We have one of only two inpatient pediatric units in the state and are a quaternary referral site.
The candidate will participate in the training of residents, medical students, and other allied health students. Research is supported and is a valued component of the position.
Job Highlights include:
• Approximately 50% Inpatient/50% Outpatient
• Join an 8-provider PM&R Faculty with joint appointment in Department of Pediatrics
• Fixed-term or tenure track available
• Large referral network including 7 regional Vidant Health hospitals and numerous outpatient practices
• EPIC System-wide integrated EMR
• Competitive compensation and State benefits
The PM&R Department, comprised of 11 faculty members, serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.4 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
The Center's 75-bed (adult and peds) inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas. The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence at Vidant. Vidant Medical Center is a JCAHO-accredited Level I Trauma center with 900+ beds and is one of seven hospitals owned by Vidant Health.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an amphitheatre