Pediatrics California North Coast Fortuna
Pediatrics Private Practice in Fortuna, California
- Busy practice, established, successful. Wonderful colleagues at practice.
- Vacancy in practice because of physician retiring.
- Sign-on and relocation available.
- Call 1:3. No attending deliveries unless asked. 30 deliveries/month.
- Great community support and backup of fantastic PCPs, specialists, and area hospitals.
- Supportive healthcare community for career development and long term success.
Glimpse of the Area:
- Humboldt area--Eureka, Fortuna, Arcata--is the 5 hours north of San Francisco, minutes from Pacific Ocean beaches and nestled in the majestic redwood forests-home to the tallest trees in the world.
- Outdoor activities are in super abundance in Humboldt: hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking, world class fishing, incredible surfing, cycling, paddle boarding, sailing, rock climbing . . .
- Backpacker magazine has named the region--Arcata, Eureka, Fortuna--as one of "The Best Cities to Raise an Outdoor Kid."
- National Geographic Traveler has selected Redwood National Park as one of the top 50 world destinations--one of only 5 U.S. places honored.
- The World Wildlife Fund named Humboldt County as part of the one of the most diverse ecoregions left on the planet.
We are rural, but nearby Eureka is the largest city on the coast between San Francisco and Portland, Oregon. Our cultural and social amenities are a bit cosmopolitan.
We have a vibrant theater and arts scene, a thriving locavore tradition, and cultural and social opportunities supported by Humboldt State University and the College of the Redwoods.
This is a spectacular place to call home, raise a family, and to practice medicine.
Humboldt offers an excellent quality of life, natural outdoor beauty, picturesque coastlines, majestic redwoods, higher education, arts, music, culture, close-knit community, and the opportunity for a personally rewarding medical practice.
Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna, California is a high functioning 25-bed critical access hospital offering 24/7 ED, hospitalists, orthopedics, general surgery, ophthalmology, family medicine, and a very busy obstetrics practice.
Call, email, apply for more information.
Practicing medicine in any of the vibrant and wonderful communities on California's North Coast offers:
- Rewarding long term personal relationships with patients who appreciate their physicians.
- Manageable practice environments that support quality care.
- Positive, supportive, and respectful professional relationships with colleagues, hospitals, and the health care community.
- Large and challenging patient base that offers interesting medicine and successful practices. We are the regional medical center for a geographic area larger than some eastern states.
St. Joseph Hospital Eureka is a 138-bed full-service acute care facility that offers: cardiac surgery and interventional Cath Lab in the Heart Institute, a fully accredited Cancer Program, 64-slice CT, MRI, PET, PET/CT, IMRT, High Dose Rate Brachytherapy, Ultrasound, Childbirth Center with the only Level II NICU on the North Coast, Pediatric Services, Physical Therapy, Surgery Services, Respiratory Therapy, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Full Service Laboratory and Pharmacy, a Level III Trauma and PCI (Chest Pain) Center, and more.
At SJE, a newly constructed patient tower opened in November 2012, houses a 20-bed Emergency Department, Surgery Department with 8 surgery suites, a 12-bed Intensive Care Unit, a 40-bed Progressive Care Unit (Step Down Telemetry). The second campus houses inpatient and outpatient medical rehabilitation, endoscopy services, sleep disorders center and outpatient laboratory services.
St. Joseph Hospital has been serving the health care needs of Humboldt County since 1920. Comprised of two campuses, St. Joseph Hospital and the General Hospital campus are located within a quarter mile of each other in Eureka. SJH offers comprehensive services including emergency, cardiac services in The Heart Institute, an accredited Cancer Program, Women's and Children's Services in the Childbirth Center (including Pediatric Care and the only Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Nursery (NICU) on the North Coast), Neurosurgery, and Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine.
Lonely Planet, the largest travel guide book publisher in the world, named our coastal redwood forests as the #1 destination in the US for 2018.
We are minutes from pristine Pacific Ocean beaches and surrounded by ancient redwoods that are the tallest trees in the world. In 2017, Eureka was awarded a California Cultural Site designation for its history and commitment to the arts and local culture. Humboldt has previously been recognized by Outdoor Magazine, National Geographic, Backpacker Magazine, USDA Most Scenic Rural County, and by Men’s Journal (as one of the top seven places to “buy land in paradise”).
Numerous area schools have received state and federal awards, and Humboldt State University—on 144 acres tucked into an old growth redwood grove with views of Humboldt Bay—has nearly 50 undergrad degrees and about a dozen graduate degrees, as well as one of the most impressive undergrad marine research departments in the country.
We are rural—about five hours drive north of San Francisco—but we have sophisticated cultural and social amenities, a thriving locavore tradition, and our local regional airport has daily direct flights to and from San Francisco and Los Angeles.