Pediatrics California North Coast Fortuna
Pediatrics Private Practice in Fortuna, California
- Busy practice, established, successful. Wonderful colleagues at practice.
- Vacancy in practice because of physician retiring.
- Sign-on and relocation available.
- Call 1:3. No attending deliveries unless asked. 30 deliveries/month.
- Great community support and backup of fantastic PCPs, specialists, and area hospitals.
- Supportive healthcare community for career development and long term success.
Glimpse of the Area:
- Humboldt area--Eureka, Fortuna, Arcata--is the 5 hours north of San Francisco, minutes from Pacific Ocean beaches and nestled in the majestic redwood forests-home to the tallest trees in the world.
- Outdoor activities are in super abundance in Humboldt: hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking, world class fishing, incredible surfing, cycling, paddle boarding, sailing, rock climbing . . .
- Backpacker magazine has named the region--Arcata, Eureka, Fortuna--as one of "The Best Cities to Raise an Outdoor Kid."
- National Geographic Traveler has selected Redwood National Park as one of the top 50 world destinations--one of only 5 U.S. places honored.
- The World Wildlife Fund named Humboldt County as part of the one of the most diverse ecoregions left on the planet.
We are rural, but nearby Eureka is the largest city on the coast between San Francisco and Portland, Oregon. Our cultural and social amenities are a bit cosmopolitan.
We have a vibrant theater and arts scene, a thriving locavore tradition, and cultural and social opportunities supported by Humboldt State University and the College of the Redwoods.
This is a spectacular place to call home, raise a family, and to practice medicine.
Humboldt offers an excellent quality of life, natural outdoor beauty, picturesque coastlines, majestic redwoods, higher education, arts, music, culture, close-knit community, and the opportunity for a personally rewarding medical practice.
Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna, California is a high functioning 25-bed critical access hospital offering 24/7 ED, hospitalists, orthopedics, general surgery, ophthalmology, family medicine, and a very busy obstetrics practice.
Call, email, apply for more information.
Practicing medicine in any of the vibrant and wonderful communities on California's North Coast offers:
- Rewarding long term personal relationships with patients who appreciate their physicians.
- Manageable practice environments that support quality care.
- Positive, supportive, and respectful professional relationships with colleagues, hospitals, and the health care community.
- Large and challenging patient base that offers interesting medicine and successful practices. We are the regional medical center for a geographic area larger than some eastern states.
Although Humboldt County is rural, we have amenities that are a bit more cosmopolitan. Supported by Humboldt State University and the College of the Redwoods, the area is rich with culture, nightlife, restaurants, and social activities.
Minutes from Pacific Ocean beaches and nestled among the tallest trees in the world, Humboldt offers world class outdoor recreation. Incredible surfing, kayaking, rafting, fishing, SUPs, hiking, camping, backpacking, hunting.
Rural communities offer charm and intimacy yet with more sophisticated amenities due to an artistic and culturally vibrant population and the offerings of Humboldt State University and College of the Redwoods.
Practicing medicine in Humboldt County offers a uniquely wonderful quality of life.
St. Joseph Hospital Eureka is a 138-bed full-service acute care facility that offers: cardiac surgery and interventional Cath Lab in the Heart Institute, a fully accredited Cancer Program, 64-slice CT, MRI, PET, PET/CT, IMRT, High Dose Rate Brachytherapy, Ultrasound, Childbirth Center with the only Level II NICU on the North Coast, Pediatric Services, Physical Therapy, Surgery Services, Respiratory Therapy, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Full Service Laboratory and Pharmacy, a Level III Trauma and PCI (Chest Pain) Center, and more.
At SJE, a newly constructed patient tower opened in November 2012, houses a 20-bed Emergency Department, Surgery Department with 8 surgery suites, a 12-bed Intensive Care Unit, a 40-bed Progressive Care Unit (Step Down Telemetry). The second campus houses inpatient and outpatient medical rehabilitation, endoscopy services, sleep disorders center and outpatient laboratory services.
St. Joseph Hospital has been serving the health care needs of Humboldt County since 1920. Comprised of two campuses, St. Joseph Hospital and the General Hospital campus are located within a quarter mile of each other in Eureka. SJH offers comprehensive services including emergency, cardiac services in The Heart Institute, an accredited Cancer Program, Women's and Children's Services in the Childbirth Center (including Pediatric Care and the only Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Nursery (NICU) on the North Coast), Neurosurgery, and Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine.
Today the hospital is literally growing to meet the future needs of the North Coast community. On November 11, 2012, St. Joseph Hospital officially opened its new North East Wing to patients and the community. This state-of-the-art medical care facility encompasses 100,000 square feet and is connected to the current hospital at 2700 Dolbeer Street in Eureka. The North East Wing is a modern facility designed to meet the growing health care needs of the community. General features include: 100,000 square feet; Three floors – lower level, first and second; 99 beds; 20 Emergency Department treatment rooms, including two full, state-of-the-art trauma bays; 17 pre-operative beds; 10 post-anesthesia care unit beds; 12 ICU rooms; 40 progressive care unit (PCU) beds; Surgical Services (eight operating rooms); Cardiac catheterization lab; Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray, ultrasound and CT); Courtyard and expanded lobby and family lounges.