Academic Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon & Quality Director Job in Greenville, NC
**Accepting Candidates From Search Firms For This Opportunity**
The Department of Surgery at East Carolina University is seeking a dynamic, academically oriented, fellowship trained orthopedic trauma surgeon to serve as quality director of orthopedic trauma surgery.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in quality improvement and an established record of academic productivity in their defined area of expertise. The successful candidate will join a collaborative clinical, teaching and research program. Orthopedic trauma surgeons with specialized training in hand or pediatric orthopedic trauma are encouraged to apply.
The quality director will actively oversee process improvement and quality efforts for the orthopedic trauma service in addition to maintaining an active clinical practice. The successful candidate will ensure rigorous oversight of quality and outcomes metrics for the American College of Surgeons, the NC Committee on Trauma, and Vidant Medical Center.
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
- One the fastest growing urban centers in the state
- Population of approximately 85,000
- 90 miles away from the sandy beaches of North Carolina’s Crystal Coast
- Home to East Carolina University, an institution of the University of North Carolina
- ECU is the second largest undergraduate university in the UNC system
- ECU School of Dental Medicine established in 2011
- Division I athletics – football, basketball and baseball
- Nationally recognized arts, theater and music entertainment
- A desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an amphitheatre