Physician Assistant (PA) - Surgical - Neurosurgery
Hartford HealthCare is a fully integrated system that includes five hospitals and a large multi-specialty medical group. Hartford Hospital, an affiliate of Hartford HealthCare, is the second largest surgical hospital in New England with 40 ORs, 5 robots, and over 30,000 operations per year including 1,600 in Neurosurgery.
We have an opportunity for a Surgical Physician Assistant to provide quality, holistic and cost-effective advanced practice care for patients, families, and others in a target population, and participate in the medical management of patients, to achieve or maintain optimal health status, manage disease and reduce risk of illness. Position requires independent decision-making regarding the health care of individuals, families and groups across the lifespan and across the health care continuum. Reports to Medical Director.
AP will assist with surgeries at Hartford Hospital, MidState Medical, and may see patients at satellite locations: Avon, South Windsor, Glastonbury, Hartford, Meriden and Cheshire.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program required.
- Current CT PA license required.
- Baccalaureate Degree is required.
- Board certified or eligible is required.
- Specific experience in specialty may be required
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|