Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Orthopedic Physician Assistant
The Connecticut Orthopedic Institute at Midstate Hospital is an
orthopedic center providing the highest quality of Orthopedic
care to community. The Connecticut Orthopedic Institute strives for a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer a stimulating work environment that inspires Excellence, Safety, Caring, and Integrity. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care.
The Connecticut Orthopedic Institute’s PA team is a growing department which covers inpatient joint, spine and fracture care services.
Physician Asssistant Summary:
Orthopedic PA's are responsible for various functions including first assisting in the operating room, floor work, and consults. Advanced Practitioners will work in collaboration and with the supervision of Physician and Surgeons.
Responsibilities will include:
- Admit patients. Perform and document complete H&Ps. Entering appropriate information and orders into the EMR.
- Order and obtaining necessary diagnostic tests including imaging studies and laboratory tests. Following through on interpretation of results and communicating with the team.
- Pre-operative, and operative responsibilities including 1st and 2nd assisting in the operating room.
- Request consultations from other services, obtain appropriate work up and follow through on recommendations.
- Participate in daily rounds and assist with implementing management plan in collaboration with multidisciplinary team and attending.
- Enter, review, and update orders in the EMR to include: PT, OT, Speech, IV therapy, medications, restraints, patient care, and discharge orders.
- Addressing and consulting patient and family member concerns and questions.
- Advise nursing staff when necessary.
- Document patient encounters into the EMR including, but not limited to: admissions, progress, event, procedure or discharge notes.
- Perform procedures as credentialed.
Full-time Physician Assistants will be required to work varying shift lengths (8, 10, 12 hours) totaling 40hrs/wk. Additionally, there will be a component of overnight call.
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program
License and Certification:
Licensure for Physician Assistant in the State of Connecticut: Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants preferred.BLS and ACLS Required.
2+ years working as a surgical PA/NP, First Assisting in the operating room experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
Considerable knowledge of anatomy and physiology; knowledge of the surgical procedures performed in the various surgical specialties and subspecialties and the supplies and equipment used in those specialties; knowledge AORN recommended practices and procedures. Knowledgeable in practices involved in patient care as it relates to different disciplines and disease states.
Knowledge of medications and their reactions and interactions; Counseling skills; considerable interpersonal skills; ability to work independently; ability to work under pressure;
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
Good problem solving and/or decision making skills. Ability to make independent decisions. Ability to react and perform under strict timelines and/or emergency situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
MidState Medical Center is a 156-bed acute care hospital located in Meriden, CT and affiliated with Hartford HealthCare, the largest integrated health care system in Connecticut. Our state-of-the-art new hospital facility offers leading edge clinical services, a supportive medical community and a well-established practice.
- Modern facility boasts an efficient surgical suite w/ state of the art equipment, including robotics and surgical Physician Assistants
- Medical Office Building located on the Hospital campus
- Our providers have the stability and resources of the largest health care system in CT, while enjoying the local management and operation of a community-based medical practice.
- Experienced, supportive colleagues in the Meriden medical community and throughout the system.
- Robust referral stream.
- Access to and support from Hartford Hospital, the tertiary care center for the system.
- Medical staff of 335 physicians and specialty services that include Balance Institute, Cancer Center, Diabetes and Nutrition Center, Digestive Health Center, Emergency and Urgent Care Centers, Birthing Center, Heart Center, Sleep Center, Spine and Pain Institute, Stroke Center and Wound and Hyperbaric Center.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas.
Family oriented and with first rate public and private schools, our region contains quaint revolutionary war towns and historic town greens on the beautiful Connecticut shoreline. You will find boating, beaches, dining and two exciting casinos. Take an easy drive to the rolling hills of Litchfield County, or to the urban centers of New Haven and Hartford with their award-winning regional theatre, innovative dining, world-class museums and lively art scene.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|