Physician Assistant – Bariatric Surgery
Excellence, Safety, Caring, Integrity….What do you value?
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. Backus is home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and is the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. The Hospital delivers and coordinates a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of its communities.
Advance Practitioners enjoy an Innovative, fast-paced care environment working directly with the bariatric surgeon to assist with growing the Bariatric Services Departments at Backus Hospital, Backus Outpatient Care Center, and Windham Hospital. The Physician Assistant will work in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Responsibilities include surgical first assist (laparoscopy, Da Vinci Xi, endoscopy, wound care), inpatient management, and post-operative care within Bariatric Surgery Administrative duties include data collection and input, assisting with bariatric seminars, work groups, participating in various hospital committees, and tracking of patient work up’s. Possible assist with weekend rounding.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
- Newly graduated and experienced Practitioners are trained with on the job, classroom, procedural training, and extensive support of Continuing Medical Education (CME) through active programming, reimbursement, and sponsored professional society memberships
- Monday through Friday first shift scheduling
- Licensure and certification reimbursement
- Credentialing Privileges for Backus Hospital and Windham Hospital
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program required
- Current Connecticut Physician Assistant license required
- Strong computer skills including social media
- First assist experience preferred
- New Grads are welcome to apply!
Backus Hospital is a modern and progressive 213-bed, not-for-profit acute care community hospital that provides state-of-the-art comprehensive medical services, personalized attention and care to residents of its 22-town service area in Eastern Connecticut.
Backus is also a Partner in Hartford HealthCare - the largest, most comprehensive, integrated health system in Connecticut.
New physicians are welcomed by a truly sophisticated, personable and supportive medical community comprised of 300 expert physicians.
Backus Hospital is located in historic Norwich, a city within Connecticut’s “Last Green Valley” where we experience the best of all four seasons. We also take advantage of excellent schools, recreational, cultural and sporting activities and a wide range of reasonably priced housing - all while being close to Hartford, Providence, Boston and New York City.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|