Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery - Per Diem
At Hartford HealthCare, we strive for a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group’s Division of Neurosurgery is a leading provider of comprehensive resources for Neuro and Spine surgeries including Aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM), Brain Cancer/Tumors, Complex Spine Surgery, Epilepsy, Meningioma, Spine Cancer, Surgery of the Skull Base, and more.
Neurosurgery Physician Assistants:
Advanced Practitioner responsibilities include developing this busy neurosurgery specialty office to provide excellence in patient care in conjunction with the Surgeon’s operating room based services. This is an opportunity to work autonomously, but collaboratively with a leading Neurosurgical Surgeon and team of Advanced Practitioners, while still enjoying the hours and patient contact of an office practice. Ultrasound guided injection experience a plus.
- Seeing patient appointments during clinic hours at both our Hartford location and assisting with procedures in the operating room at Midstate location
- Communicating with patients and families
- Filling prescription medications
- Placing orders in epic; must be epic trained
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy:
- Growth and development within the Ayer Neuroscience Institute
- Establish the Neurosurgical practice and staff to provide excellence in patient care
HHC Advanced Practitioners Benefits:
Exceptional benefits from a system known for exceptional care. Hartford HealthCare doesn’t just take great care of its patients. It takes great care of its employees too. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical and dental plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
- Must be licensed in CT
- Must be Epic trained
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|