Urgent Care Physician Opportunity in St. Louis, MO
General Position Description:
To support and direct the highest quality medical services available to patients while always assuring the MedExpress mission, vision and values are met. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of medical practice. This is a part-time position at 20 hours per week. Benefits are included.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
- Performs therapeutic procedures.
- Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care and additional information.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives and recommended referral practices.
- Assists the Corporate Care division of MedExpress and pathways associated therewith.
- Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings and other clinic operations procedures.
- Orders diagnostic tests
- Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Supervision of mid-level practitioners when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.
- Interpret and ensure self and subordinate employees are in compliance with organization and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide clinical leadership of worksite staff, make decisions, solve problems, develop departmental policies and procedures and develop records/files.
- Continue to practice clinically in the centers and at work-sites.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine, currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners and Board certified in a field of medicine.
- Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions.
- A minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience in emergency medicine, urgent care or ambulatory care setting, family medicine or internal medicine practice.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR). Relevant drugs and their chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. Non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, their applicable uses, and relevance to patient care.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Accreditation and certification requirements and the ability to maintain all appropriate licenses, Urgent and Occupational medicine fields.
- Professional communication principles and practices including business letter writing and advanced report preparation knowledge.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies.
- Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Interpret the application of OSHA and HIPAA laws. Maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system—access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples’ lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients’ expectations belongs to each of us—whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience – one patient at a time.